The Style Maniac Blog has moved.
Please visit our new home on the Style Maniac website:

June 24, 2014


It's dangerous living two blocks from the best shoe boutique in the USA.
  Recent additions to Style Maniac's Bus Stop collection include ...

"Bubble HI" boots from United Nude ...
"Faraday" by Jonathan Fluevog ... in a class by themselves ...
"Jinx" sandals by Esska ... comfortable enough to walk all day and chic enough to wear anywhere.

From the best little shoe boutique around the corner to the best little shoe boutique in the United States.

When I wrote about Bus Stop Boutique in 2011, I knew I was sharing with Style Maniac readers a unique find: highly personalized service in a relaxed, stylish setting showcasing a curated selection of simply fabulous shoes I'd never seen anywhere else (and that happened to be two blocks from my home.)

Now the whole country knows.  Congratulations to my friends, Bus Stop owner Elena Brennan and manager Aubrie Costello, on being named the Best Boutique in the USA by the trade magazine Footwear Plus  -- an award they accepted alongside other Plus Award 2013 winners Zappos, Skechers and Nordstrom.

Three years after that post, I'm still shopping at Bus Stop, and still finding pretty sandals, edgy oxfords and bodacious boots that regularly get me stopped on the street.

Even better, are the friendships and fashion collaborations formed with a pair of lovely, smart and creative businesswomen.

All from our love of shoes ....
BOTTOM PHOTO: Owner Elena Brennan on the night Bus Stop received the award for Best Boutique in the USA.

TOP PHOTOS: Store photo courtesy Elena Brennan. Shoe photos by Doreen Creede. 

This post is third in a Now & Then series highlighting what has happened to people and projects since appearing on Style Maniac over the past five years.


Lee Romano Sequeira said...

Such a beautiful shop with such luscious shoes!

p.s. I really love those "Jinx" sandals by Esska ;)

Style Maniac said...

Lee, they are not only chic, but comfy too. I've worn all over Philly & Manhattan.

designchic said...

Wow - I would be in real trouble if I lived two blocks away from any shoe store, much less one named the best little shoe boutique in the US. Loving your new "goodies"!!

Style Maniac said...

It's trouble indeed! But oh so chic.